Tec-Tac has been a life long dream of President and Founder Bill Bowker.
He lived in Carleton Place for 33
years; he was the first Carleton Place Arena manager.
Bill has been involved in Minor hockey in our community for
many years. He helped spearhead the construction of the second
ice surface in Carleton Place to House Tec-Tac and raise the
level of play in his community. Bill served on the Building
Committee during the construction of the complex.
Tec-Tac International Hockey school was
born and built with family values by a hockey family. Bill
has been married to his wife Myrna for over 40 years, and their values
and the game of hockey helped mold the lives of their
three outstanding children, Derek, Cassidy and Courtney.
Bill’s education, his athletics and playing experiences have
helped make him one of Canada’s top coaches. He was born in
Sherbrooke, Quebec, and played most of his Junior hockey in
the Quebec with the Town of Mount Royal Eagles, the Lachine
Maroons and the Verdun Maple leafs, and with Guelph in Ontario. He
attended two Montreal Junior Canadiens training camps and
New York Rangers Camp and the Port Huron Flags camp. Bill
finished his Career with the Hardy Cup winning Embrun Panthers.
Bill is an all-round athlete ... he won the Canadian Archery
Championships in 1964 and represented Canada at the World
Championships in Watkins Glen New York. He played Baseball
in the Quebec Major Junior League, winning the league batting
championship three years in a row and the league MVP. Bill’s
love for hockey stopped a promising baseball career, but his
skill on the ball field led him to Jarry Park where he threw
batting practice for the Montreal Expo’s.
Bill was a teacher and hockey coach for five years
at Wilfrid Laurier University, and retired as the all-time
winningest Head Coach in Laurier’s history, earning Coach
of the Year Awards from Laurier and the OUA. Bill achieved
academic success earning his NCCP coaching certification from
Algonquin College, the University of Waterloo and the University
of Saskatchewan. He has now been selected as one of 10 people
to enter the CHA”s prestigious Task Level program. Bill is
a former High School Teacher at St.Lucs High school in Smiths
Falls and the Head coach and general manager of the Smiths Falls
Bears Junior A team in the CJHL. Bill currently teaches for
the ODHA and Hockey Canada.
Scott's ability to understand and teach the game of hockey has been a very important part of each
student's success and personal growth at Tec-Tac.
His ability to relate to children has allowed Scott to pass on his knowledge - and his personality
creates a fun-filled, energy-charged environment that adds excitement to each lesson.
Scott was raised in Perth, Ontario by a value-based genuine family who fully understand the commitment
to "AAA" hockey. His parents have given him family values, patience and the skills to communicate
and teach the game at a high level. Scott's playing and academic background have given him skills
that clearly set him apart from other instructors.
Scott graduated from the University of Toronto with a degree in Industrial Engineering.
We are very proud to have Scott as an integral part of the Tec-Tac family ...
- He has attended Tec-Tac since he was 7 years old
- He has successfully started and operates 2 small businesses in the Perth area
- Scott has been a Lead Instructor at Tec-Tac for 7 years
- Ottawa Valley Titans Assistant Captain "AAA"
- Drafted CJHL Smiths Falls Bears Junior "A"
- "AAA" Provincial Bronze Medal
- OHL Cup semi finalist
- Team Ontario Under 16 selection camp
- Hockey Canada Development - Coach Development (October 2015)
- TecTac International Hockey School (2014-20)
- Kanata Rangers Midget Competitive B (2016)
- Kanata Rangers Hockey (2008-16)
- Sacred Heart Varsity Hockey Team (2014-16)
- Kanata Knights Girls Touch Football (Spring 2015)
- Sacred Heart Junior Girls Softball (Spring 2015)
- Sacred Heart Intermediate Ski Club (2013-14)
- Sacred Heart Girls Hockey Club (2013-14)
- Sacred Heart Intermediate Girls Rugby (2013-14)
- Juniour Golf Team, Dunnany Golf and Country Club (2011-13)
- Goulbourn Middle School Girls Volleyball (2011-13)
- Sacred Heart Leadership Award of Distinction (2013-14) (Staff Nominated)
- Sacred Heart Youth Award (2013-14) (Peer Nominated)
- Peacemaker Award (2013-14) (Staff and Peer Nominated)
- Graduate of Nippissing University - BA
Honors Geography & History 2003
- Graduate of Murdoch University, Perth,
- Currently teaching high school for the
Upper Canada District School Board
- Captain of Nippissing University soccer
Team CIS 2001-2003
- Played NWHL Ottawa Capitals 1998
- Silver Medalist Ontario Winter Games
- NCCP 2 X Provincial Champion 1995-96
- Carleton Place Minor Hockey 1988-1994
- Counselor at Beckwith Day camp 6 years
- Tec-Tac International Instructor for 13 years
- Drafted OHL Ottawa 67's
- Kanata Lasers Major Junior A
- Kobi Cup MVP
- Ottawa Capitals AAA
- Valley Selects AAA
- Ottawa Valley Titans AAA
- Carleton Place Minor Hockey
- Tec-Tac International Instructor for 13 years
If you are interested in working with Tec-Tac International please contact us.